I am in the process of cleaning up my Versions and when I list the versions of them are showing related No Issues. However when I try to delete the Version I receiving a dialog box showing there are associated versions and asking which version do I want to move them to.
I was struggling for a while with this as when opening the query to show these associated issues, they didn't look like they had anything to do with the Version and opening the issues, the Fix Version did not match and others had no Fix Version at all.
It was only when someone pointed out to me that the JIRA query is looking at Affect Version and not Fix Version. And therein lies the problem and therefore what I believe is a bug. The Delete function in my opinion should be looking at Fix Version and concluding there are no linked issues as per the main Version screen