It's possible this is not something I can do, but I thought I'd ask.
The thing to know:
- Only a select set of folks have admin access to our Jira instance and I am not one of them, so I cannot set an automation rule to affect more than one project at a time (If I could this would be SUPER EASY)
Details:
- There are two projects: PROJA and PROJB
- PROJB Jiras can be linked to PROJA Jiras as 'documents' (meaning the work in PROJB is the documentation work for PROJA)
What I'm trying to do:
- PROJA-123 is linked to PROJB-567 as 'documents'
- Set an automation rule that checks linked issues on a schedule and if the Assignee in PROJA-123 does not equal the Writer in PROJB-567 then set the Writer in PROJB-567 to the Assignee from PROJA-123
Where I started:
- I wrote a query to pull all Jiras with documentation project links:
project = PROJB AND issueFunction in
linkedIssuesOf('project = PROJA AND
resolution = Unresolved',"is documented by")
- Then I was gonna have the automation run daily to do the comparison of PROJA.Writer to PROJB.Assignee but that's where I got caught.
Hopefully, I didn't confuse things too much and provided enough info.