I am using catkin for my builds. The output is placed into "build/<pkg name>/test_results/<test_name>.xml"
These directories are not picked up by the scanner so I have to manually move them into a folder called TestResults. The command "catkin test" returns a non-zero value when tests fail and causes the pipeline to stop, meaning any commands after that point (like the move command) fail to be run. I have to force the pipeline to go to move them by running the following:
- catkin test || true
- mkdir TestResults
- mv build/**/test_results/**/*.xml TestResults
This means that the pipeline always succeeds even when tests fail. I don't want to parse the XML output to see if tests pass/fail. A workaround is running "catkin test" again after moving the XML files but this is a waste of build minutes so I'd rather not. I also found that the Tests tab is missing some of the failed tests. It says 8/19 tests failed but only two test outputs are visible for some reason. I can see all of the test output in the build tab but it's a pain to look through it to find the failed tests.