Question is in the title. In reading https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-hide-a-Request-Type-From-Customer-Portal/qaq-p/706596, it seems that this functionality can only explicitly hide or show request types in configured groups (or not at all) within the Customer Portal.
Is it possible instead to show/hide request types in the Customer Portal based on user's assigned role or group?
This is for Jira Service Management (Data Center) 4.21.1
Thanks!
Hi @Tyson Winter
It's not possible at this point natively.
The linked question details showing Request Types in Portal Groups - in the portal, rather than access to them using User Groups.
There is a feature request for this you can view/vote for - see JSDSERVER-195 (noting it is almost 9 years old).
Ste
I did end up finding a solution along those lines that worked for me. I can still see a little merit in why the feature suggestion might be around but I can also see why it has sat for so long.
Could you share what your solution was?
Might help others who have this question in the future!
I have the same need. Hiding a request type based on issue security level.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.