As per title. Is that possible?
This is essential for file management.
Hey Wen,
You are able to upload files to your repository downloads folder by using our /2.0/repositories API, please note you will need to configure and use an App Password to perform this for authentication purposes.
For example, substituting "pathtofile" with file path and entering workspace/repo slug with App Password substituted in for the header:
curl -X POST -F files=@/pathtofile/filename.extension \ --url https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/WORKSPACEID/REPOSITORYNAME/downloads \ --header 'Authorization: Basic APPPASSWORDHERE'
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud)
Hi Ben, I am only able to upload 'files' in the 'downloads' folder, I want to upload a folder in either downloads folder or a folder under downloads folder.
Hey Krishna,
If I am understanding you correctly - you wish to upload an entire folder, rather than just individual files correct?
Unfortunately, this is not possible with a single command, as it is not possible to create a folder within the Downloads directory.I would suggest either:a) Compressing the folder into a zip file and uploading thisb) Create a bash script to cycle through all files within the folder and upload these in bulkc) Uploading all files within the folder via the UI - this allows for bulk selection of files
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
Hi @Ben
Thanks for your reply, I didn't understand the suggestion.
How would the bash script help if we cannot create the folders in downloads section?
Point c, where shall I upload all the files via UI, I want the files to be in a folder and not directly on downloads.
Also I wanna do this in pipeline, so can't upload manually.
Approach I have taken: using another repo for uploading the folder, cloning it and then adding the artifacts and then pushing the changes.
Is there any chance we can use FTP to use folders or files.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.