Hello.
I created a repository in bitbucket cloud and added my ssh key to my user profile.
I am able to successfully clone the repository and pull down new changes. But whenever I push, I am met with the following error:
"fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: auth"
I am using Git Bash for Windows. git --version returns "git version 2.35.1.windows.2"
So far I have tried removing and recreating ssh keys, testing my connection to bitbucket cloud, restarting my PC, deleting the whole repository in bitbucket and recreating it, and forcing ssh to use the identity file. Nothing seems to work.
I was able to pull AND push from an ec2 instance with no issues. I suspect it might be a bug with git for windows.
I'm at my wits end and can't find any solutions from google that actually work on my machine. Anyone have any ideas to solve this?