How do I set app password on Linux server
Hello,
You tagged your issue as Bitbucket Cloud and asking for password on linux server.
Can you confirm you really target Bitbucket Cloud ?
What kind of password do you want to generate ?
Is this API related ?
I want to pull changes from Bitbucket using App password and it still shows error because Bitbucket switched to App password recently. For me I created App password but I want to set it into my Linux server to be able to pull.
Hi @Niringiyimana Elie
Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community, my name is Norbert and I'm a Bitbucket Cloud Support Engineer, it's nice to meet with you!
I would like to inform you that you can set up your Linux instance to save the credentials.
You can do it the following way:
git config --global credential.helper store$ git clone http://bitbucket.org/workspace/repo.gitUsername: <type your username>Password: <type your password>[after setting up the credentials]$ git push[your credentials are used automatically]
Please let us know how it goes, I'm here to help.
Best Regards,NorbertAtlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.