I noticed that one of my projects started failing on pipelines due to the version of the asgiref package I required not being found
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement asgiref==3.5.0
The only versions it seems to support are up to 3.4.1, the previous release from last July.
The thing is 3.5.0 is the current version of that package and has been since January,
Pypi - https://pypi.org/project/asgiref/
Django Release - https://github.com/django/asgiref/blob/main/CHANGELOG.txt
I've upgraded to it locally as well a manually on some deployment for improvement and for the RuntimeError fixes
My builds don't use caches so it's not that. I've tried reporting the issue but I don't have a paid account. Is there a work around to force pipeline to update it's Pypi cache or do I just have to downgrading the package version within the build just so the CI passes which seems madness.
**update**
The issue also affects Coverage where it thinks 6.2 is the latest version and 6.3.2 is out. 6.3.0 was also release in Jan 2022 so it's like anything release this year can not be used which is making builds impossible
<span>ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement coverage==6.3.2 (from versions: 3.0b3, 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1b1, 3.1, 3.2b1, 3.2b2, 3.2b3, 3.2b4, 3.2, 3.3, 3.3.1, 3.4b1, 3.4b2, 3.4, 3.5b1, 3.5, 3.5.1b1, 3.5.1, 3.5.2b1, 3.5.2, 3.5.3, 3.6b1, 3.6b2, 3.6b3, 3.6, 3.7, 3.7.1, 4.0a1, 4.0a2, 4.0a3, 4.0a4, 4.0a5, 4.0a6, 4.0b1, 4.0b2, 4.0b3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.1b1, 4.1b2, 4.1b3, 4.1, 4.2b1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.4b1, 4.4, 4.4.1, 4.4.2, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.5.3, 4.5.4, 5.0a1, 5.0a2, 5.0a3, 5.0a4, 5.0a5, 5.0a6, 5.0a7, 5.0a8, 5.0b1, 5.0b2, 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3, 5.0.4, 5.1, 5.2, 5.2.1, 5.3, 5.3.1, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6b1, 6.0b1, 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, 6.1.1, 6.1.2, 6.2)</span>
<span>ERROR: No matching distribution found for coverage==6.3.2</span>
It's a shame as I moved from GitHub to BitBucket back in 2014 but it's with the increase in downtime, build limits and now this I need to accelerate moving back to GitHub as it's causing CI/CD issues where I'll have to turn off pipelines completely soon on all my clients projects