Why am i getting this problem? Is there any solutions.
Kindly help this.
Hi @DeepakS ,
That's correct. Atlassian started disabling this on 1 March.
Instead of using your own Atlassian account password you should use an app password. This can be done on this page: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/app-passwords/
Read more about the deprecation notice here.
This is very odd. I am trying to get list of commits from repository by hitting this url:
This also failed for me when I was using my account email. However when I used my username instead of my account email the login process worked. You can see your username under Personal settings -> Account settings.
Works like a charm, thanks @Kasper Schlein-Andersen
Creating app Password solved My error This Page Helped me: remote: Bitbucket Cloud recently stopped supporting account passwords for Git authentication
When you enter the app password its working fine but when i am trying to enter the password then i am getting the below error .
Hello @DeepakS
Welcome to the community!As per the Bitbucket communication, Atlassian account passwords are deprecated for Bitbucket API calls and HTTPS git activity (clone, push, pull and fetch), and are being replaced by App Passwords.
App passwords are meant to substitute your real account password and are designed to be used for a specific purpose and limited permissions. They can be easily created and revoked when needed.
If you want to check more information about the App Password, you can reference this documentation.
Please note, that you need to enter the username, not the email ID. You can get the username from your personal settings. I hope this helps.Regards,Karthick S
For me it works one day and stops working another day. I have to keep revoking and creating new app passwords...
.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.