I'm running data center and am trying using a sil script in a workflow validation r=to access the 2 fields in a cascading custom field that I have.
If my custom cascading field is customfield_1, i set things up like this since I read that it should create an array of strings
string [] x = getInput("customfield_1");
but when I reference the elements of array x using arrayGetElement(x,0); I'm getting this string {null=test, 1=testc}, where test is the high level field and testc is the 2nd tier field of the cascading, and array element 1 is empty. I was hoping to have element 0 contain test and element 1 contain testc. Am I doing something wrong, and what's the best way to be able to get to the 2nd tier field so I can do comparisons on it?
I'm also seeing that if I initially don't have a 2nd tier field select when my transition screen comes up and I add a value in the transition screen that getInput isn't recognizing that change, it still says my array size is 1 vs the 2 it should be. but if I go into the transition screen with both cascade fields selected then the array size does show as 2. Not sure what's going on there, I thought the getInput was a fix for the problem of not getting the input entered in the transition screen.
Thanks,
Jay