I'm getting ready to migrate my projects from Jira Server to Jira Cloud, but I cannot get my Jira Server to connect to the MySQL server it connected to before I disconnected the Raspberry Pi devices on which they're installed. I literally disconnected them from the network for 3 months, and just today plugged them back in. That's it. The devices' IP addresses have changed but I've accounted for that in the dbconfig.xml.
Here are the errors I'm getting:
-------------------------------------------------
Database: We've found an error in MySQL supported version!
The database type in your dbconfig.xml is set up to MySQl 5.7+ and your MySQL version is 5.6 or lower. Consider using MySQL 5.6 database type instead
Database: JIRA couldn't connect to your database
JIRA failed to establish a connection to your database.
This could be because:
Your database isn't running
The configuration of your dbconfig.xml file is incorrect (user, password, or database URL etc.)
There is a network issue between JIRA and your database (e.g. firewall, database doesn't allow remote access etc.)
-------------------------------------------------
I ran through all the configuration troubleshooting steps and everything in the config files is fine (as it was before). I can ping both devices at the command line, and MySQL 8 is up and running as is Jira. I even upgraded to the latest JDBC driver, and updated the Base Jira URL in the database.
Here's what the dbconfig.xml file contains (IP address excised).
----------------------------------------
<jira-database-config>
<name>defaultDS</name>
<delegator-name>default</delegator-name>
<database-type>mysql57</database-type>
<jdbc-datasource>
<url>jdbc:mysql://address=(protocol=tcp)(host=###.###.###.###)(port=3306)/jirapidb?sessionVariables=default_storage_engine=InnoDB</url>
<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
<username>[excised]</username>
<password>[excised]</password>
<pool-min-size>20</pool-min-size>
<pool-max-size>20</pool-max-size>
<pool-max-wait>30000</pool-max-wait>
<validation-query>select 1</validation-query>
<min-evictable-idle-time-millis>60000</min-evictable-idle-time-millis>
<time-between-eviction-runs-millis>300000</time-between-eviction-runs-millis>
<pool-max-idle>20</pool-max-idle>
<pool-remove-abandoned>true</pool-remove-abandoned>
<pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>300</pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>
<pool-test-on-borrow>false</pool-test-on-borrow>
<pool-test-while-idle>true</pool-test-while-idle>
<validation-query-timeout>3</validation-query-timeout>
</jdbc-datasource>
</jira-database-config>
----------------------------------------
Where else can I possibly look to change a configuration?