Hi Community!
I'm curious about your incidment management workflows in OpsGenie and Jira (Service Management). Personally I have the impression that the intgegration between both could be much better but perhaps I'm missing some key insights.
For me the link between OpsGenie incidents and JSM incidents is vague and I hope to gain a better understanding based on your experiences.
Some thoughts:
Atlassian added the Post Incident Review type to JSM, a concept which is similar to postmortem reports in OpsGenie but now we have 2 differet places to track this. And of course there is the Post Incident Review template in Confluence but I guess this once can be used to link JSM issues to Confluence pages.
We can link a JSM incident with an OpsGenie alert and vice versa but this doesn't create a bidirectional link.
I hoped to see more incident related features in the announcement but it's all about alert integrations.
Are JSM incidents and OpsGenie incidents not meant to be used together?
Couple of related questions:
When getting an alert in OpsGenie
- When do you create an incident in OpsGenie?
- How do you create that incident? Via automation rules or manually?
- Do you create an incident in JSM when creating an OpsGenie incident?
- How?
When getting an incident in JSM
The major incident no longer creates incidents in OpsGenie automatically.
- When do you create an OpsGenie alert from it?