I have a security question about removing instances of my code uploaded outside my repoTLDR found that one of my UpWork contractors was subcontracting the work and reuploading my repo to have others work on itI believe this is primarily on GitHub but would like BitBucket to check for copies here as well so that I can find out if any exist and have my IP taken downCrazy situation. Thanks for any help
I do not think there is anything that you can do about this with technology.
Github, Gitlab, git itself, Bitbucket and all the other software can't go out scanning the entire internet for illegal uploads of your code. Not without massive processing power and incredibly fast networks.
I'm afraid if you have engaged with someone who has shared stuff they should not have, then all you can do is ask them to stop (backed up with legal things, of course), but this is not a technical question now - your data has been made public and all you can do is question the people who made it so.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.