I'm no longer able to push changes from my local git repository to bitbucket. I'm using Visual Studio to integrate to bitbucket and I get the following error
Failed to push to the remote repository. See the Output window for more details.
Pushing master
Error encountered while pushing to the remote repository: Git failed with a fatal error.
Git failed with a fatal error.
Invalid credentials
Logon failed, use ctrl+c to cancel basic credential prompt.
cannot spawn /c/program files (x86)/microsoft visual studio/2019/community/common7/ide/commonextensions/microsoft/teamfoundation/team explorer/Git/mingw32/libexec/git-core/git-askpass.exe: No such file or directory
could not read Password for 'https://<username>@bitbucket.org': terminal prompts disabled
My credentials have not changed not has my password its just stopped working. I know there has been some update that requires some kind of change my side so I tried creating an App Password this created a label and password which I tried to use to log in and push my code but the error was the same. Any idea how I'm supposed to get this to work?