This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Administering JIRA Software
I edited a field and I had edited once on my project. Now when I try to edit that field somehow it doesn't show on the Custom Fields. So I am not able to edit the field. Please help me out.
The field name is Priority.
I'm not clear on what you mean by "edited a field". Do you mean you changed the value of the field in the issue edit function? If you do, and you cleared the value out, then you won't see it on the issue view, you will need to use the full "edit" function to set it again.
If that's wrong, could you explain what you mean by "edit"
I can see the Priority filed on creating issue. Edit meant I had configured Priority field before.
At the first Priority setted up Highest, High, Middle, Low. And I setted up later to Highest, High, Middle, Low, Hold. But now I can't find where to custom this field. I can't find on Custom Fields. Where I can find Priority custom filed to setting.
[ Fields -> Field configurations ]
2016-06-14 20;53;12.PNG
[ FIelds -> Custom Fields ]
2016-06-14 20;54;12.PNG
Priority is a system field and hence you set the field values in field configuration (Field -> Field configuration).
After setting the context, you are checking the field in custom fields (Field -> Custom fields) where obviously the Priority wont be seen.
Go to the field Configuration directly or via Project administration-> Field configuration and find it again with the changes.
That priority is not a custom field. You can't remove it from the field list, and you don't maintain it in the custom field list. Your screenshot of the field configuration helps a lot - we can see that it is not "hidden" in there, so it's nothing to do with that.
To change the priority option list, go to Admin -> Issues -> Priorities and you'll be able to edit them there.
I found out finally. I am appreciate so much.
Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.