Is there a way to make attachment required on issue creation?
Hi @Hadas Hamerovv ,
You can also do it using JIRA Suite Utilities - Field Required Validator. Its free plugin for server editions and paid for Data centre. After Installing the plugin, Open the required workflow, click edit, switch to diagram mode. For the transition "Create", add validator "Field Required Validator" and select "attachments" field.
FYI, in Cloud jira, there is system Field Required Validator.
Out of box no, but there is a ScriptRunner solution from Mark Markov here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-make-attachment-mandatory/qaq-p/873098
I'm not sure whether there are certain plugins that can implement a regular validator on Create without any groovy scripts - I wouldn't rule it out since it can be done, but at least I haven't come across one. So if you have ScriptRunner then the above suggestion might do the trick for you, if not, then I'll leave the floor for others.
I believe this code is only for Server and will not work on cloud.
However, yes, I forgot from the option of adding a validator to the creation. That solves the problem.
Then I'll tag it as cloud - the 'Jira Core Server' had me thinking otherwise.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.