Good afternoon,
Yesterday I received a Bitbucket mail explaining:
Beginning March 1, 2022, you will no longer be able to use your Atlassian account password when using Basic authentication with the Bitbucket Cloud REST API or Git over HTTPS.
I've a Bitbucket account with some personal projects.
And I use GitHub Desktop to work with all GIT stuff. I love it.
Those personal projects sync with no problems through GitHub Desktop to Bitbucket, with my main user/pwd as always did.
But I've some "shared" projects, where I as a contributor (admin privilege), when I try to sync, they don't. Authentication failed error appears, asking for some new credentials.
I've created App Passwords with EVERYTHING checked on my account. The token is useful for syncing my projects, but fails the same with shared ones.
As those shared sync failing projects were local enterprise developed by 2 users, and those 2 do not work here anymore, I've updated their Atlassian account passwords of them and created App Passwords with FULL privileges to test if with their credentials or with their app tokens would login pass. But fails. There is no way to sync anymore those shared projects (no pull, no push, no refresh... nothing).
I've deleted ALL windows keychain saved credentials, to recreate them. No way. My projects asks first time for user/pwd and everything starts to run smoothly, and shared ones, keep failing and asking credentials.
And that's rare too! Because my ones, keep working with my Atlassian user/pwd pair which suposedly souldn't since today!
I've just wrote this post on Isuees list to GitHub Desktop:
https://github.com/desktop/desktop/issues/14035
They closed it saying; not a problem from us.
Sumarizing:
- I've a BitBucket account with some personal projects created by me. Those sync on my PC and correctly managed from GitHub Desktop. They sync OK today with my BitBucket account user/pwd pair.
- But I've some sync projects on same PC where I'am a contributor (not my projects, but other fellows ones), but I've ADMIN rights on those projects.
- Those are the ones that do not sync. If I refresh, it gives me an Authentication Failed and no user/pwd possible works. I've created an APP Pwd for all user accounts, with all permision checks marked. Full rights. Used those tokens to login and nothing.
- My app password works on my projects as my Atlassian user/pwd pair do. But shared projects simply do not sync. Keep asking for credentials.
Any ideas?
Anyone?
Thanks.