I created a Team Space and added member to the space. Now I need to remove and edit their permission, how do I do that? I see the list of people on the Watch Space and it says I cannot edit the list. Please advise.
Hi Amanda,
What do you mean that ?
Did you mean space watcher?
To manage the watchers of a page or blog post:
If you mean by adding group user, you must be Confluence Administrator, to do it.
To add members to a group:
To remove members from a group:
Or if you mean by you want to revoke the group's permission
To view the global permissions for a group or user:
Add or edit group and user permissions as follows:
To add permissions for a group:
To add permissions for a specific user:(Consider adding the user to a group and then assigning the permissions to the group, as described above, instead of assigning permissions to the specific user.)
Hope these help
Hello Community!
We have recently noticed a lot of activity on this post, so I wanted to address the discussion surrounding the initial question's topic.
Amanda asked this question back in 2014. The issue is concerning editing watchers and permissions for a space created using the Team Space Blueprint on Confluence Server. This Blueprint is unrelated to the similarly named feature, Atlassian Teams, a feature rolled to Atlassian Cloud in 2019. (ref: Atlassian Cloud changes Jan 28 to Feb 4, 2019).
I can understand the confusion because when I think of the word 'team,' the Atlassian Cloud Teams feature is the first thing that comes to mind. There's nothing to say that this thread is out of date and isn't related to Confluence Cloud as we know it today.
To avoid further confusion, I will close up comments on this thread. Our apologies for any undue frustration surrounding that. If your question is regarding Teams in Atlassian Cloud, you can refer to @Fowler's answer on How to remove a former member from a team in Confluence.
Thank you all, and take care,
Shannon
Any chance you make that more complicated?
I think that @Amanda Chu is asking specifically about "Teams", not "Groups". Two very different things. I find there is a lack of information about teams and their membership, editing, etc. I created a team, invited them and no one came. Now, the only thing apparently that I'm allowed to do is delete the team space. I created it and I have top administrator rights to Confluence. I want to edit the team members, or at least resend their invites. All the documentation talks about user management in confluence overall, not in teams themselves. Everything I've found on Teams thus far, talks about Portfolio. I don't think I have that and the interface looks VERY different.
Hi Shanta,
I'm struggling with the same issue currently, I can't remove an invited team member from the Confluence team. Did you get any feedback yet?
Nothing as yet.
I'm also having problems. I need to ADD a couple of team members and I really don't want to have to delete and re-create the space. Help!
For ease of reference, I will link the pages my colleague Wayne was most likely referencing.
If you have a question regarding Atlassian Teams in Cloud, refer to my earlier answer.
If you have any questions regarding the original topic, please raise a new question. I am closing new replies on this thread because the case is now out-of-date.
Thank you for your understanding!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.