Is there a REST endpoint for calling the issue collector via AJAX?
If not, I can save an issue thru the REST API but I want to put in the Environment field into our issue just as the collector does? I see where I can set renderedFields: { "environment": ""} and it doesn't fail, but it doesn't display either.
It also appears the fullname & email of the collector is just placed into the description but is there a renderedFields version of the description?
RESPONSE TO FIRST Bautista
Environment is not an option to choose, Issue Environment & Repaired Environment are but those don't display data either. Besides, when the collector makes the issue, Environment shows up without having to mess with our screens.
I've read that doc and it doesn't help me with what I need to do. I can't use the collector as it's currently available in JIRA because we won't expose our JIRA installation to the public internet. So I want to create the same functionality with our own forms to make AJAX calls to our middle tier that will proxy the requests over to our JIRA installation.
I can capture the data, simple enough, but I have to use the REST API to do the saving. So I want the Environment and the HTML formatted Description just as the collector does now.