I am trying yo upgrade from version 8.14.1 to 8.22.0 and I am getting this error. Followed these steps, all seems fine https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/resolve-database-connection-errors-during-jira-server-startup-872262124.html
JIRA failed to establish a connection to your database.This could be because:
You told us what it could be, but have not given as any proof that any of those are false.
Assuming you did follow the kba suggestions and assuming all of the checks were done right. What's the Jira version, db type and version, and jdbc connector?
Do you see anything more specific in the log file?
The splash screen doesn't really give you much info to work with but often the log file does.
Jira Version 8.14.1
And this database is remote, not on the same machine as Jira?
Can you take a look here and see if perhaps this might help https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-allow-remote-access-to-mysql
I'm thinking perhaps Jira is running, db is running, and you can ping them, but when Jira is trying to connect to the db it ignores it because it only listens to local connections.
Where exactly can I find the log files?
.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.