I'm just in the exploratory stages right now, but wondering if anyone has done a cloud to server migration, and what your experience was like.
We've got a modest Jira cloud footprint from a company we acquired last year. We need to get their Jira projects imported into our existing on prem server. I've managed the absorption of multiple sites, but this is the first Cloud instance. To add to the complexity, the cloud instance has 1 next-gen project. The next-gen project is a bit older and probably not needed anymore, so I'm expecting to get approval to remove it. or covert it to classic
Assuming I can get rid of my next-gen project.. How did you find the process of importing your data. Were you able to use your cloud backup to import projects directly, or did you have to use the cloud backup to create a full temporary site, and then take a backup from that?
If you tried the above and didn't like the output, did you find an alternate method that gave better results?