Hi,
I cleaned my repo with the instructions from
https://rtyley.github.io/bfg-repo-cleaner/
and pushed to remote but the repos size increased
I can see that the repo size is significantly smaller locally
Should the gc be run in remote also ? How to do this ?
-Jani
Hi Jani,
I'm afraid that users cannot trigger a git gc on remote repos at the moment.
We have a feature request about this in our issue tracker:
I can trigger a git gc for your remote repo. Could you please let me know what is the remote repo's size now (from Repository settings > Repository details > look at the field Size), so I can identify it and run a git gc? (I'm asking because I see your own several repos)
Kind regards,Theodora
thanks, the size is 1.54 GB
You are very welcome.
I ran a git gc for that repo, its size is 786.3 MB now.
Does this agree with your local repo if you run git count-objects -Hv ?
hmm.. maybe I don't understand how this works but my local mirror clone repo looks like this:
ruohomaa@LAPTOP-5DOSVT93:~/codes/salesforce-compare.git$ git count-objects -Hvcount: 0size: 0 bytesin-pack: 14317packs: 1size-pack: 20.14 MiBprune-packable: 0garbage: 0size-garbage: 0 bytes
I followed the instructions here: https://rtyley.github.io/bfg-repo-cleaner/
Now the remote size is 804.11 MB. I cleaned some more. Could you run the gc again
if I run the git count-objects -Hv in salesforce-compare repo I cloned (after you ran the gc) from remote it gives this:
ruohomaa@LAPTOP-5DOSVT93:~/codes/salesforce-compare$ git count-objects -Hvcount: 0size: 0 bytesin-pack: 14357packs: 1size-pack: 20.72 MiBprune-packable: 0garbage: 0size-garbage: 0 bytes
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.