I'm using VS code for GIT over https to Bitbucket.
My current setup is using the Atlassian for VS Code extension
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/get-started-with-vs-code/
Via the extension, I can Login to Bitbucket Cloud. This is via the OAuth authorization page in my browser. In the browser, I am logged in to my Atlassian account.
Recently, I received the following message when I performed Git push to my repo through VS Code terminal.
You are using an account password for Git over HTTPS.
remote: Beginning March 1, 2022, users are required to use app passwords
remote: for Git over HTTPS.
remote: To avoid any disruptions, change the password used in your Git client
remote: to an app password.
remote: Note, these credentials may have been automatically stored in your Git client
remote: and/or a credential manager such as Git Credential Manager (GCM).
Do I need to make a change to an App password if I'm using the OAuth authorization mechanism to login to my bitbucket repo?
I've tried to follow the instructions in the link below and I have created an App password. But I can't find the login screen to enter my App password under the Atlassian for VS Code extension
https://bitbucket.org/blog/deprecating-atlassian-account-password-for-bitbucket-api-and-git-activity
Please assist.