Hi all, I created a custom field to collect non-jira users email address. Will like to have an automation to send them emails regarding their ticket status.
I been getting this error:
Hi @Marcus Chuah
Welcome to the Community!!
The issue field value is dereferenced as {{issue.Field Name}} to get the value
Make sure the email is present in the field for the rule to succeed
Let me know if you have any queries
Thanks,Pramodh
Hi Pramodh,
Thanks for the reply. I got another error, to address field is empty. Screenshots below.
Thank you.
Have the Condition checked before sending an email to check whether the field is empty
The "Log Action" is really helpful in situations like this.
Before the "Send Email" action, add an "Log Action" which outputs something like the following (for your particular situation) into the Audit Log before the rule tries to send the email:
Email addr = "{{issue.Email Address[Short text]}}"
This will clarify exactly what that Smart Value is, for that issue, for that rule execution. It will show in the Audit Log.
If nothing shows between the double-quotes, then your Smart Value isn't doing what you think it's doing (so read the documentation again, and experiment as needed until you can see the value you want being returned).
In your case, I also question whether "[Short text]" belongs in your Smart Value. Try removing that.
Hi Team, The above was hugely helpful.
Thanks.
I have another query where I would like to have multiple emails in the field and some can be Jira user and rest may be non licensed Jira users.
Using {{issue.fieldname}}, I was able to add one email address and Jira sent the email but when i used two then the automation failed.
Can someone help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.