Hi there,
The new RapidBoard is a fantastic improvement over the previous TaskBoard view that we had available before.
I have one problem with configuration though. Below is a little bit of a background on how it works in my office followed by what I would love to do with it.
Issues are created as 3 different types, 2 containing Story Points: Story and Task, as well as Bugs for bug reporting.
There is also one subtask type used only by developers to better split technical tasks, this task is called Implementation (which is just a rename of stock Technical Task Subtask).
The workflows for issues are as follows:
Story,Task: To Do -> Complete -> Staged -> Confirmed
Bug: To Do -> In Progress -> Complete -> Staged -> Confirmed
Implementation (Subtask): To Do -> In Progress -> Complete
The reason why Implementation subtask are not going all the way right on the rapid board is simple. Project Manager responsible for coordinatiing UAT with client does not need to know about the underlying details of Story Implementation. He will only ever be concerned with issues that are in Staged phase and will later drag them to Confirmed.
Now here is my question
When using the Release funtionality to mark confirmed issues as deployed, the subtasks of these issues are not getting released as they are not in the rightmost column. I think under the Planning Board this was called Version Synchronizing where when Story was scheduled to a version the subtasks would be synchronized to the same version.
Is similar behaviour possible with Rapid Board? I really wan't to avoid a situation where PMs view would be obstructed by our implementation details and I would like him to fully concentrate on Stories, Tasks and Bugs.
JIRA version: v4.4.3#663-r165197
GH version : 5.8.2