Can somebody comment on how to migrate a hosted Bitbucket Server project to a Bitbucket cloud instance? I'd like to retain PRs, comments and the like.
I'm not aware of any supported tools to perform such migration. Getting the source code across of course is easily done, but migrating pull requests, projects, permissions and other meta data could be a significant undertaking.
So basically migrating from Bitbucket server to Bitbucket cloud is impossible?
I'm afraid so
Is this still the case in March 2018?
Also investigating migration from Server to Cloud. Is there any documentation that would guide a company through the process? Has there been any improvement in available tools to assist the effort?
We also want to move from Bitbucket server to Bitbucket Cloud. Were there no updates in the last two years?
Hi there,
As you've found, we currently only support migrating repository data (your source code) from Bitbucket Server to Bitbucket Cloud. There's no supported method for migrating user accounts, permission structures, or repository metadata like pull request history and comments. We're currently gathering interesting in this feature, so if this is something you need we recommend watching or voting for this issue.
For more information about migrating from Bitbucket Server to cloud, I recommend reviewing Plan your Bitbucket Server to cloud migration.
As outlined in the guide, there are a few ways to move your data to the cloud:
For more info to help you decide if moving from server to cloud is a good option for you, check out our Atlassian Cloud Migration Center.
I hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to reach out with questions!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.