I have been informed of this change.
https://bitbucket.org/blog/deprecating-atlassian-account-password-for-git-and-bitbucket-api-activity
Seperately, I have received an email with the following content:
Beginning March 1, 2022, you will no longer be able to use your Atlassian account password when using Basic authentication with the Bitbucket API or Git over HTTPS. For security reasons, we require all users to use Bitbucket app passwords.
I am trying to understand the scope of the change and its impact. It states that I cannot log in Atlassian account and password and requires all users to use Bitbucket app passwords. However, besides using app passwords, I also log in using OAuth2. https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/oauth-2/
In the case of GCP Build Triggers, when I first set up the Bitbucket repository to connect to, I need to go through the "Authorization Code Grant" flow and acknowledge what access I am granting to Google Cloud Source Repository. If I check the Bitbucket API endpoints being called, they are URLs that are being used for "Authorization Code Grant" flow.
Based on these findings, am I right to say that there is no necessity to change existing triggers or mirrored repositories on GCP since they are using OAuth2 in the first place instead of Atlassian accounts and passwords?
Can I still use the JWT access tokens to access Bitbucket and clone/pull Git repositories after the App Password changes? Or is App Password the only way to login?