Hi everyone,
I have a use case where we create a validation loop in Jira to validate files. The reporter will create the ticket and select multiple users in a "User Picker (multiple users)" field, then send it for validation. I have a few constraint on the validation and I look for the best way to do it, here is the specs :
- Selected users needs to be able to validate at any time while in "validation" status
- Once all selected users have validated, the ticket is send to the next status
- A user can reject for minor or major rework :
- Minor rework : only this user have to revalidate after changes is done
- Major rework : everyone needs to redo the validation
- We need to be able to automatically notify validators than they have a validation to perform and send them reminders every X days.
For doing that, I was thinking of using a workflow post function to create sub tasks automatically based on the "User Picker (multiple users)" field. I was looking to create one sub task for every approvers selected. I have scriptrunner and was thinking of using the "Create a sub-task" post-function but not sure it's the most appropriate in this case.
Do you have any idea how I could do it ?
For me to create sub-tasks is the most appropriate to deal with all those constraints, but maybe I am wrong, any advice ?
Thanks in advance