I'm struggling to solve an issues with one of my repositories. It started with a failed push from sourcetree, on attempting to push it again, or to run it in the shell, I am given this error:
emote: error: cannot lock ref 'refs/heads/develop': Unable to create '..../refs/heads/develop.lock': File exists.
remote:
remote: Another git process seems to be running in this repository, e.g.
remote: an editor opened by 'git commit'. Please make sure all processes
remote: are terminated then try again. If it still fails, a git process
remote: may have crashed in this repository earlier:
remote: remove the file manually to continue.
But I don't know how I can access the remote to delete the file?
I can see others on here with similar problems but I didn't find a resolution...
UPDATE:
I can still work with the repository in other ways - I've branched develop to a temporary branch for now.
Is my best bet is to delete the remote branch and push again?
UPDATE TWO:
For future reference: Issues like this require access to the remote repo to resolve properly, so it requires support from Atlassian.
For free plan users (like me) the best way to get that support is via this community board.
Thanks everyone!