Hi everyone,
I'm using a custom field called 'Categories' in my projects and I'm looking to add in some automation to make certain processes easier, but I'm having a hard time seeing what can/can't be done; I'm not a developer but a PM.
An example would be:
- Ticket is created and assigned to a UK_Digital team member - let's say he's called "Jack".
- Ticket's 'Category' field is automatically set to "Internal".
- Jack completes his work however it requires approval from Susan, in Product Management.
- Jack assigns the ticket to Susan - who is not a member of the "Uk_Digital" team.
- Ticket automatically gets set to "External" category.
- Ticket automatically enters "Blocked" status, based upon 'External" category.
- Susan completes her approval and re-assigns it to Jack,
- Ticket automatically enters the next status, based upon 'Internal" category.
The other option is that once assigned to someone outside of the UK_Digital team, only the category changes and the status' remain manual. The only condition I require is that the changes can be monitored via a dashboard, primarily showing any issues outside of the team and in status "blocked".
Any help figuring my way about this would be most appreciated!
TIA