As the subject says …
Thanks.
Hi, @ChuckieAJ! Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.
I found the repository that was showing 1GB on your workspace, so I ran the GC against this repo and managed to reduce its size. Just to give you some context, the GC runs periodically on the server, so unless the auto GC has not been run on the server and you reach the repository size limit, the GC is not mandatory.
I also would like to share with you that we have a feature request to allow users to mark repositories for git GC, as you can check here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-11593
Please consider adding yourself as a watcher to receive the updates as we make progress with this. If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here.
Feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.
Kind regards,Caroline
Hi @ChuckieAJ
To compress means here with reference to git is to optimise the size of the repository
What you can do is perform a git gc from local and force push the repo to remote repository
Here's the guideh ttps://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/reduce-repository-size/
Thanks,
Pramodh
Thanks. I have run the command locally. But historically I find the online repository does not actually compress.
Also, when I go to "Push" via SourceTree the "Force Push" is disabled.
I since found out how to Force Push by activating the setting. So I have done this now. It now says it is 1GB. I would like a member of staff to perform their own compact for me at their end of my projects and let us see if it reduces more. Thank you.
It only optimises the way git stores th data if they do it from their end, actually files should be removed inorder to reduce the size!!
You need to create a support ticket in order to let them know on the request
Thanks @Caroline R . I have just added myself as a watcher on that ticket and upvoted it.
Thanks for running GC on the repro in question.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.