I am trying to send an automated email to the reporters of issues when we release into production. I have the email aspect working nicely when it sends to my email address. I am able to list the epics included in the release by defining a lookup JQL statement.
The body works fine to display the URLs for the epics included in the release. Since my JQL is defined before my email component, and my email component can access the epics without a problem, I can't understand where I'm going wrong with referencing the same smartvalue in the "to" for my email.
My "to" looks like {{#lookupIssues}}{{Reporter}};{{/}} but I get the error:
Could not send email, the 'To' address field is empty. If you have referenced a field it may be empty.
The Reporter field isn't empty, (it's me in this test), so could someone point me in the right direction please?