We are testing an upgrade to JIRA 7.x from JIRA 5.1.7 (without JIRA Agile), but are experiencing major performance issues when attempting to view issues on a new Kanban board related to a project that has over 20,000 issues. The problem is the new board is attempting to display all 20,000+ tickets, which of course causes a performance hit when attempting to load the board.
With that being said, is there a configuration setting to control the maximum number of issues to display on a rapid board? I was looking for something similar to jira.search.stable.max.results, but could not find anything.
I was able to workaround the issue by creating a quick filter to only display issues that were Open/In Progress, basically anything that was NOT Closed, so that the board would load quicker, but obviously it would be better to be able to control the maximum number of issues displayed from a configuration setting instead of using quick filters.
I also understand that in most typical circumstances you will never have a huge number of issues in a Closed status on a rapid board, but I would still think there would be a configuration setting to control the maximum number.
Any help with this issue would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks for your support,
Terry