I am trying to use the article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automation-rule-to-add-sum-up-story-points-from-all-the-stories-linked-to-an-epic-1108083641.html to sum up all story points into their epic but instead of summing it is giving me the difference between what it was and what the new value is. For example, if I had 4 story points and I change that to 5 in a story it changes the Epic story points by 1.
I am on Jira server.
Hi @Lynn Squire ,
take a look to the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PROcxEOMyGM
Hope this helps,
Fabio
The lookup issues function isn't available on Jira server, thus my issue trying to get around that.
Hi @Lynn Squire -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
For a question like this, please consider posting images of your automation rule and the audit log details, showing an execution which does not work as you expect. That may provide more context for the community to help. Thanks!
Regarding your note about Server/Data Center not having the Lookup Issues action (like Cloud), the equivalent for server is the bulk-handling option for scheduled triggers or branches. Please look here to learn about that option: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/bulk-handling-of-issues-993924653.html
Kind regards,Bill
There is a plugin which allows you to view this data in Epic view https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1231982/epic-insights-issue-view-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud
Dear @Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_
I am trying to apply your solution but it doesn't work properly as expected.
In my scenario I have
my team adds story points in sub-task(s) level.
At the moment, I have an existing rule that add in the parent story/task the appropriate value from the sub-issues included.
Adding your rule - to add the total in the parent Epic from all the children included, it doesn't work.
It works only if I edit the story points value in the story manually but not if the value is changed by existing rule.
any suggestion?
regards
f.
Hi @Bill Sheboy
I am trying to create an automation rue to get the sum of story points for all the stories linked to an epic, however I am not able to find the lookup issues function. We are using Jira Server Version 9.4.14. (pasted a picture below on where I got stuck). Could you please let me know what are the other ways that I can find the total number of story points we burnt for an epic?
Hi @Sheik Mubarak
First thing: as this is an older thread, I usually recommend creating a new question and adding a link to the old thread. That will ensure more people see your question to offer suggestions.
Back to your question...
For your version of automation rules, there are two possible ways, depending upon what you want to do with the value:
dear all
I did as follows
the custom rule is
{"update":{"Story Points" :[{"set": {{issue.subtasks.Story Points.sum|0}}}]}}
please note, we have addes four sub-issues values for internal purposes.
Hi @Fabio Paglianti
The original question is about summing for the child issues of an epic, not for summing the subtask's values. Please see the other responses for answers to that need.
And looking at your post...for updating from the subtasks' sum, the JSON edit is not needed: the smart value expression may be entered directly into the field edit from the dropdown list.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.