I can see how to create a custom template, but not how to use a custom template for a blog post. The only option for creating a blog post is a blank blog post. That's no fun, (and, it discourages my use of the blog tool).
@Joe Lachoff sorry to confirm your suspicions, but there are no Blog Post templates for Confluence Cloud (or Server for that matter). The Blog Post type is a standard editor.
However, you can create a page and convert it to a Blog Post. See this article:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/Convert-any-page-to-a-blog-in-Confluence/ba-p/1668198
Hope this helps!
Thanks! That does look promising - but the instructions in this article seem to be for a different version of Confluence. I think we are using "Server" (the about box just says, "Confluence 7.13.2", if that helps). I can't find similar ways to accomplish what the article describes in my version. It's laid out differently, and none of the menus on my version contain "Publish as blog" or "Convert to blog".
Oh well, thanks anyhow.
Joe
@Joe Lachoff sorry, I answered based on the tag of unknown hosting type. I do not know if there is a similar function on Server.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.