I have set up a transition that monitors certain key fields for changes after an issue has passed a certain point in its workflow (i.e. "Requirements" field is changed after issue moves to "In Progress"). When a field change triggers the rule to run I:
All of this works beautifully except that the the logs tell me that the resolution cannot be set when the automation runs. I'm not setting the resolution anywhere and the transition does not set any resolutions.
Automation:
Log:
I'm not the first to report this issue, but I'm curious if anyone has any insight as to why it's happening
(inspiration: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Why-is-an-automation-rule-showing-quot-Unknown-fields-set-during/qaq-p/1682130?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mentions_reply&utm_content=topic )
Hi @Matthew Knatz
Two possible troubleshooting you can check
If there is a transition screen to "Writing" status, make sure to include the field values which are there in screen
Next, try including the re-fetch issue data before you transition the issue to "writing" status
Let me know if the error gets resolved
Thanks,
Pramodh
@Pramodh M
There is a comment transition screen (e.g. user can make a comment if they want to) but that's it.
The problem here is that nowhere in this transition or in this automation is a resolution set, yet every time the automation executes the transition, it throws an error about setting a resolution. I'm moving from one unresolved status to another unresolved status and setting no fields via the automation. Hence my confusion at this error.
Kind Regards-
Matt
@Matthew Knatz
Yeah that is the reason, have the resolution unset in the transition, that should work.
Having a resolution in Workflow set at the end is good practice, and we should clear if it is on other status other than what we recognise as done
I hear what you're saying, but this does not account for the issue. At no point am I attempting to set a resolution via the automation. I'm transitioning the issue to a status that has no resolution from a status that has no resolution. If I set the resolution to null via the transition, I continue to receive the error. If I set the resolution as part of the resolution transition I continue to receive the error.
Showing a resolution setting screen at any time in a non-terminal (e.g. not Cancelled/Done/Closed) is very very bad practice so I'm left with the original ask:
When transitioning an issue via automation that does not set a resolution, an error is thrown stating that a resolution cannot be set.
Any thoughts on how to fix this, or is this a known error? If the latter, it makes the "Email owner on rule failure" virtually useless for monitoring automation execution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.