I have a team member who has switched teams and I would like to bulk reassign all the tickets to another team member. Is there an easy way to do this in JIRA?
1. Conduct a custom JQL to bring up the user's tickets. (e.g. status = Open AND assignee = <member> AND project = "<My Team>")
2. Under Tools Bulk Change there is an option listing the number of tickets returned by the query.
3. Choose all issues by clicking the bulk checkbox in the first row, first column.
4. Click Next.
5. Click Edit.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Change Assignee
8. Click Next.
Profit.
Not sure why you asked!
Yeah, the search in Answers is monumentally awful to be honest. Unfortunately, posting more questions in an attempt to provide better answers isn't going to help an already broken search.
The first hit on Google is almost the same question you asked though, and the second and third hits find the documentation on Atlassian's "how you use jira" docs. And searching their confluence gets "bulk edit" on the first hit as well.
I searched in help, I didn't find it. I tried in the non-advanced JIRA Interface I couldn't find it. I checked the Answers, and couldn't find the question - so I thought I'd ask, and if someone was able to answer me before I figured it out, then I would benefit. If I figured it out beforehand, then I would post my findings so someone else could benefit. Besides, maybe my flow is the long way 'round.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.