Good morning.
I have an automation rule that includes the following cron expressions and although I've read the documentation, Construct cron expressions for a filter subscription | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support I am not sure how to read it. All I got from 0 0 6 1/1 * ? * is 6:00 am.
Thanks,
Nicole
Hi @Nicole Gosling,
What is the end result you are looking for? The expression is saying run everyday at 6:00 AM regardless of month or year.
Tim
Hi @Nicole Gosling
Try with this for everyday at 6 AM
0 0 6 ? * *
Let me know if this works or let me know at what time you need to run the automation
Pramodh
@Pramodh M thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Sorry for the confusion, I don't want to change the cron expression I just don't know how to read it.
What does 0 0 6 1/1 * ? * mean.
Hi Nicole,
If you click on the CRON Expressions documentation link in page, it will help guide you and describe the individual items.
@John Funk thanks! I did review the documentation however it didn't make sense to me. Sorry I am new to Jira so a little green right now I see @Tim Perrault provided a response. Thanks!
<span>0</span> <span>0</span> <span>6</span> <span>1</span>/<span>1</span> * ? * | | | | | | | | | | | | | +-- Year (range: <span>1970</span>-<span>2099</span>) *= All years | | | | | +---- Day of the <span>Week</span> <span>(range: 1-7 SUN-SAT) ?= No specific month</span> | | | | +------ Month of the <span>Year</span> <span>(range: 0-11 JAN-DEC)*= All months</span> | | | +--------- Day of the <span>Month</span> <span>(range: 1-31) 1/1 = run everyday</span> | | +------------- Hour (range: <span>0</span>-<span>23</span>) | +---------------- Minute (range: <span>0</span>-<span>59</span>) +------------------ Second (range: <span>0</span>-<span>59</span>)
@Tim Perrault thanks. I am a new Jira Administrator taking over for someone who left the company. You answered my question perfectly. I don't want to change it I just didn't know how to read the expression.
I will continue my learning
Awesome glad I could help. Have fun learning
@Pramodh M no need to respond as @Tim Perrault answered my questions. Thanks for your help!
No worries - I am glad Tim was able to provide a more detailed response. :-)
Yeah Got it @Nicole Gosling
Starting from 1st day for every month for every day at 6 AM
Hi Guys,
May know the details of this : 0 0 0/1 1/1 * ? *
I think this means rule will run - Starting 1st Jan Midnight, it will run every one hour for all days, all months and all years.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.