We are planning to perform a long overdue spring cleaning on our Jira Server, specifically I have questions relating to Custom fields.
Custom Field Contexts.
According to the documentation, most of which use drop lists as an example.
If you see the same field required by different projects but the values need to be different you should use contexts. This will help with performance.
But, in all the examples I have seen the Custom Field, by default is set at the global level. Why would you do this? isnt it better to set the custom field straight at the project context level? does it make a difference?
Now we use the Contexts, what is the point of a field configuration scheme? we, it seems, create all fields in the Default collection. I can not see any advantage in the Field Schemes as it is Fields that are most requested and, as I can see, we have been doing this to save time. So, I am asking what is the best practice these days with regards to using Field Confiruation Schemes?