I created an automation a while back that sends emails daily to the assignee of any issue that is overdue. This resulted in numerous individual emails for some users and I was asked to instead send out bulk emails.
Here is my basic workflow:
- When the rule is triggered, run a JQL query to find all issues that are in an active status.
- I then pass the results through an IF statement checking for issues that have assignees and are currently overdue.
- Within the IF, I added an Advanced Branch that does an action for each assignee from the issues that passed. (This is where I need help.)
- I use the variable {{currentAssignee}} from the Advanced Branch to run a JQL lookup that returns only the issues assigned to that user.
- Finally, I trigger an email with those results in bulk.
It almost works. The problem I run into is Automation doesn't filter the assignees for unique users. So if a user has five overdue issues, they will receive five identical emails with all of the issues listed.
I've searched and come up empty-handed trying to find a way to filter the list of assignees for unique ids. Any help is appreciated.
Screenshot below:
