I have an OnDemand Instance containing 3 projects, whcih i need to import into our new Download instance.
I cannot do this through the initial set up wizard as the Download instance already contains projects.
My thoughts where to follow this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup, Although there will be 3 projects in the backup file from the OnDemand and I am not sure of this will work?
Does anyone know if this will work, and if not, a suggested solution?
Thanks
You will have to do the project import 3 times. But more importantly, the downloaded JIRA version should match the onDemand version.
You will have to install a temporary JIRA with current onDemand version I guess and wait for the downloaded JIRA version to catch up!
I am in the same position. We have upgraded our JIRA standalone instance to 5.2.11 which is said to directly import the On Demand backup. Doing the Restore Backup worked and the projects are now in my temporary instance of Jira 5.2.11. HOWEVER, I no longer have a selection to Backup the database. The only selection in the Import & Export section is for external system import.
How can I perform a backup that I can then use to import the individual projects into our production standalone JIRA?
I have successfully got individual projects that were initially in Jira 6 OnDemand to be imported into a sandbox copy of our Jira 5.2.11 standalone instance.
Good luck.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.