In the last 30 days or so, I have gotten at least 7 or so random transfer requests.
What's with this?
Hi @c
I'm guessing that https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/transfer-repository-ownership/ would be what you're referring to?
CCM
Yes, but I didn't even have an Atlassian account at the email I was getting the requests until I made it for this post.
Hi, @c, welcome to the community!
In order to transfer a repository to someone, the user needs to inform the Workspace ID of the user to whom they want to transfer the repository, so you must have a Bitbucket account to receive any repository transfer. Checking the Bitbucket account linked to the email you used to create this question, I can see it was created in 2013.
This means someone is trying to transfer some repositories to you. Maybe the user who is offering the ownership of these repos added the wrong workspace ID when transferring them.
In any case, if you don’t want to accept this transfer, you can open View transfer request > select Reject.
I hope this clarifies the situation, but please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Kind regards,Caroline
My guess would be that your email may be receiving a notification via an email alias/forwarding rule/distribution group that was setup by another staff member.
It is a personal account and email. The requests are from random people I have no idea who they are.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.