Hello,
Can I upgrade directly from JIRA 6.3.9 to JIRA 7.3.x version?
If not, is there any documentation for how to do Stepped-Upgrade?
Regards,
Ibrahim, we recently did an upgrade from 6.3.1 to 7.2.3, so it is possible. Here are the upgrade notes for 6.4 and below: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/jira-6-4-upgrade-notes-687014821.html and 7 and up: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-7-1-x-upgrade-notes-815266963.html. Just be sure to go through each of the upgrade notes to see what would affect your instance. The only issue we experienced was the scripts had to be modified (but that might only matter if you are using ScriptRunner). If you are thinking about doing a stepped-upgrade, I'd follow Nic's suggestion and go to 7.1 first, evaluate and then go to the 7.3.
In theory, yes. In reality, I'd strongly recommend 6.4 then 7.1 then 7.3. I'd test 6.3 to 7.1 first - you might be ok with it, but I would not just assume it works.
Stepped upgrade is no different to doing a set of independent upgrades, just have a look at the upgrade guides for each version
Thank you for the reply,
So, you mean, I do not need to upgrade to JIRA 4.x and then to JIRA 7.0 and then to JIRA 7.3?
@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] suggested a stepped-upgrade like: 6.4 then 7.1 then 7.3. so from 6.4 to 7.1 skipping 7.0?
The main problem with jumps from 6.3 to 7.something, rather than going through 6.4 tends to be around add-ons.
I have seen simple upgrades work in one hit - 6.2.2 to 7.2.9 is the largest, but they had no add-ons, no unusual configurations and so-on.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.