Hi All,
I am setting up a portal where our customers are all external.
Due to privacy laws and contractual agreements, they should not be able to view requests outside of their own company, but also have multiple people within their organisation who need to be able to view each others work.
While I like the portal, it is very limited in its abilities and its customization.
the fact a customer cannot search using the search function and entering a ticket number has to be one of the most insane things I have ever come across in a Service Desk tool.
Anyway, I thought, why not give the users access to the project so they can use dashboards and add another layer of security around the issues but this gives them access to view "internal comments".
you cannot manage this another way, which is ridiculously annoying. It was far easier without Service Desk when you could limit the access to a comment based on Group etc.
Service Desk and JIRA seem to combat each other which makes for one of the most frustrating experiences in setting something up I have ever come across.
I am at a loss now how to do this, has anyone, can anyone, provide a solution/suggestion?