Hello, everyone. I need a bit of help after trying several options myself.
My use case
- a customer sees a couple of transitions (e.g. Approve, Disapprove)
- when she selects one of the transitions (e.g. Approve), a popup should ask her to attach a file
- if she doesn't attach a file, the transition must not execute
What I've done
I exposed several transitions to the customer portal, added a validator for the Attachment field not to be empty. I also added an associated transition screen with 2 fields: Attachment, Comment.
The problem is that the Attachment field does not show up in the popup to the customer in the portal, only the Comment. The validator does not execute and does not show the custom error message, that is the transition is successful and the ticket transitions to the next workflow status. This is JSM Cloud.
Ideally, Jira should also validate the file extension (e.g. not allowing any file, but PDF/docx only).
Looking forward to your suggestions 