Is there any documentation for setting up Jira OnDemand as helpdesk.
Indeed! Let me know if the following links don't get you on the right path:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Using+JIRA+for+Helpdesk+or+Support
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+as+a+Support+System
Given this pertains to OnDemand, the main thing to be aware of is that you are limited with installing add-ons:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand
Not sure that really helps. The problem is that the only way to get it to work is each client using the support desk needs to be made a JIRA user (As far as I can tell). If you use a generic JIRA user to log client tickets etc. against, it breaks the email flow (as far as I can tell).
Is there a better way to do it when using OnDemand?
Unfortunately that's the only option for OnDemand. If you decide to host this yourself, you might be able to do some development or find existing plugins to help bridge that gap.
Hello, Sandra!
Well, you can set up your JIRA Cloud as a helpdesk system with the help of Customer Case addon.I think its features are similar to your needs. Check it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/customer-case-for-jira/cloud/overview
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.