Hi !
I recently created a new account in Bitbucket and a new repository, using my personal email, for a small pet project. I log in using Google Authentication, even though it should not affect this issue.
After setting up the new repository, I generated a new SSH in my Windows 10 machine, added it to the authorized SSH keys in Bitkucket's personal settings area, and I made sure ssh-agent was running in my machine and had the new key added to it.
Still, when trying to clone the repository I still get a forbidden error.
"Cloning into 'my-repo-main'...
Forbidden
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists."
I tried running the console as Administrator, I checked that the key was in fact correctly generated and added to Bitbucket as per the instructions, but still no solution.
I also tried checking the connection to bitbucket, which seems to use the correct key and succeed in authenticating:
(...)
debug3: sign_and_send_pubkey: signing using rsa-sha2-512
debug3: send packet: type 50
debug3: receive packet: type 52
debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
Authenticated to bitbucket.org ([104.192.141.1]:22).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug3: ssh_session2_open: channel_new: 0
debug2: channel 0: send open
debug3: send packet: type 90
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: pledge: network
debug3: receive packet: type 91
debug2: channel_input_open_confirmation: channel 0: callback start
debug2: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: client_session2_setup: id 0
debug2: channel 0: request shell confirm 1
debug3: send packet: type 98
debug2: channel_input_open_confirmation: channel 0: callback done
debug2: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 2097152 rmax 32768
debug3: receive packet: type 99
debug2: channel_input_status_confirm: type 99 id 0
debug2: shell request accepted on channel 0
debug3: receive packet: type 98
debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0
debug3: receive packet: type 96
debug2: channel 0: rcvd eof
debug2: channel 0: output open -> drain
debug3: receive packet: type 97
debug2: channel 0: rcvd close
debug2: channel 0: chan_shutdown_read (i0 o1 sock -1 wfd 4 efd 6 [write])
debug2: channel 0: input open -> closed
debug3: channel 0: will not send data after close
authenticated via ssh key.
You can use git to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled
(...)
Still, when I try to clone the repo, I still get the forbidden error above.
I have created Bitbucket accounts and cloned repositories before, so this is really strange not being able to perform such a simple and basic cloning as I have done dozens of times before. Maybe I am just missing something ? Is there something I may be overlooking?
Thank you for any input or suggestions, greatly appreciated.