Much like the automation rule where an Epic will automatically update when all of it's Stories are updated to DONE, I want to do the same with Stories and their linked Tasks.
Hi @Rich Evers -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
To confirm your use case, which do you mean:
Case #1 can be done in one automation rule, triggered on the sub-task changing. There may be an example in the template library like this.
Case #2 probably can be done in one rule, triggered on a schedule (for the story) or from the linked issue, probably using branches, lookup issues, and created variables. It definitely and safely can be done in two rules, with the original linked issue triggering another rule to get the story to check its linked issues.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Rich Evers
Welcome to the community.
You might wanna get more conditional (I know I would), but the basic version of the automation would be something like:
Good point @Bill Sheboy
My example is all about linked issues @Rich Evers but either/both can be done.
Other complexities may arise from different workflows and or different "Done" status categories within...resolution codes (if required) etc. But all very doable.
let us know ow you get on.
Case #2. When all of the linked Tasks of a Story are updated to DONE, automatically update Story to Done. I've tried retrofitting the rule that Jira has pre-defined for the parent-child relationship with Epics and Stories, replacing "parents" and "childs" with "linked" but for whatever reason is not working out.
For Case#2. Can you show us the rule and any info in the audit logs?
Not sure how I would need to get more conditional, but I did exactly the above and it didn't work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.