Hi there,
In the coming months we are moving from a hosted ITSM solution not an Atlassian product (SQL Backend) to Jira Service Management and I am starting to try and figure out if we can achieve some of the things we do now.
For instance, when we onboard people we record their department (for example: Lighting). In the system we have a lookup table for each department, there is a value for all the major items a person needs for their department. The machine type, the monitor types, software licenses etc etc
In the newstarter table there are custom fields which just writes a the number of those items needed next to the values. Basically I can build an expression from the new starter fields to the look up table to determine what the value per department per new starter is.
For Lighting
Spec B128 - 1
27" Monitor - 1
27" Dreamcolour - 1
Nuke - 1
Mari - .5
Now we do this for all our starters so it builds up a view of all the hardware we need and software licenses for whatever reporting period in the future we want to see. So I can see 2 weeks in advance how many Spec B128 or Spec A96 are needed, how many licenses of Nuke, Office, Houdini etc etc
With Jira being cloud based I am not sure what we are going to be able to build in the cloud when it comes to something like lookup tables, retrieving data to be used in other tables upon incident creation. I leverage this a lot in our current system and would like to know how things like this can be achieved in JSM Cloud.
Thanks.