Use case:
I want to set a custom property that will increment each time a rule is executed, which can then be assigned to a custom field on all the tickets generated by the current automation execution. This property needs to be unique across all executions of the automation rule.
What has worked so far:
I have successfully implemented setting/getting an incrementing property using the {{reporter}}, {{assignee}}, and {{project}} entity properties. Reporter and Assignee won't be unique across all executions of the rule, and I don't want to use the project due to security concerns (I don't want to grant Project Admin rights to the user executing the automation).
Ideal solution:
I want to use the {{rule.actor}} entity's properties to "store" the incrementing variable.
Problem:
For some reason, I cannot access the custom property {{rule.actor.properties.[custom_property]}} from within the automation. I have tried every variation of the smart value expression that I can think of, but the smart value always returns null. Note - I know the rule.actor's user's property is being set, as I can see the property and correct value using the Jira REST API.
Has anyone successfully done something like this?